Monday, August 16, 2010

Bicyle!!!!! Bicycle!!!!!!!!!!! Bicycle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hola,
I am no longer greeting you from Sunny Redwood City (Climates best by government test), but rather from the scorching City of Livermoore. It's hot here (like 80 degrees is a break from the heat). Also, I am on bicycle. Hence the greeting. Imagine the subject line sung to some lyrics by Queen and it makes more sense.
Before I tell you what I know about my area I will tell you what went down at transfer meeting. We were blessed with a surprise. My trainer, Elder Tidwell, was made an Assistant to the President. He looked like a deer in headlights when President announced it in transfer meeting. Spanish assistants are rare. He'll be great. I'm not sure if I've made mention of this, but our mission has four AP's. He will be companions with Elder Woolf from Pennsylvania, while Elder Monday from Great Britain will be companions with another mission friend of mine, Elder Provolt. I know it doesn't matter much to the rest of the world, but I thought it was good.
Now, about my area. This area should be good. I am in a Spanish Branch. We live in an apartment with two other Spanish missionaries and have a lot of work to do. We currently don't have any people with baptismal dates. This will change. My companion has been out for six weeks and is being broken. (Mission speak for second companion) I am eager to get to work. I have yet to see any huge pockets of Latinos, but they're out there. We just have to find them.
I love you all. Good luck with school, work, being awesome, and your letter writing. I appreciate all the postcards and letters I've received. I'm also glad to hear that Grandpa is doing better.
Love,
Elder Badger
PS Tell Casandra that her hair cut makes her look "Muy mona" That's Spanish for "very cute" or also "Very monkey." It doesn't quite translate directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment