Monday, October 25, 2010

Its Raining Its Pouring...

Dear Family,

This week has been very wet. I love it. It has drizzled just like it would in Lakewood. It would be a little nicer if I didn't have to ride my bike in this weather, but I am not complaining. It even smells like Washington when it drizzles.

Our work has been difficult these last few weeks. We are really trying to find people. They're there, but difficult to find. We set many many appointments, but no one is there for the actually lesson. Sometimes they even dim the lights and pretend not to be home. We usually take this as an opportunity to let them be. It would be a lot easier if we knew where we could go to find Spanish speakers. We our sifting through English, Russian, Portuguese, and Chinese. We end up giving many referrals to the English elders, but can't seem to find anyone who is really willing to keep a commitment, let alone and appointment.

Our best investigator Ernesto is progressing very well. He is very close to baptism, but still hasn't accepted a date. Hopefully he will do so soon. I keep praying he will soon.

I did get the opportunity to return back to Redwood City to see two baptisms. Efrain and Esperanza finally decided to take a leap of faith and be baptized. It has been a five year process since they first met missionaries, but they are now members of the church. It was great to see a couple baptized. Bishop Ord committed them to prepare to enter the temple and be sealed a year from their baptism. He then made them turn and promise each other that they would prepare to be sealed in the temple. Go bishop Ord!!!!! He is so awesome. I can't wait to go to their sealing next fall. This is my first couple to be baptized. It was a really neat feeling. Hopefully their children will follow suit.

I realize that over the last ten months my blog posts have probably gotten pretty boring and repetitive. I will try to mix them up in the future. If you have any stories you want me to tell let me know. I have lots of stories and experiences, but seem to forget to send them all when I sit down in the library to send this post. I am sorry.

Love,

Elder Badger

PS I sent the Christmas List you asked for. I hope I sent you some good ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment