Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's a beautiful day in Hollister

Dear family,

I send you my love from Hollister, CA. I am on exchange with Elder Carpenter, an English elder from Orem, UT. Life is good. We just taught a lesson to an new investigator named Daisy Luna. She accepted a baptismal date for April 2. It's not even lunch yet. I can tell that today is going to be a good day.

I hope all is well with the family. I hope you expressed my love to all of the family in attendance at Uncle Glen's funeral.

Our work is going well. We are beginning to really teach a lot of our investigators in our large teaching pool. We have really begun to see who is really interested in baptism and who isn't. The gap between the first and second lesson tells us a lot as missionaries. If our investigators have kept the commitments we give them early on, we usually see them in white at baptism.

In other news, we found out that our new mission president will be Lincoln Watkins from Alpine, UT. From what we know it looks like he has a business background. It is really weird to think that we will have a new mission president in July. It's amazing how much the Jacksons have really shaped what the California San Jose Mission is.

This last week, Elder Cornaby and I were very busy meeting with all of the companionships in our zone. We are really trying to help the missionaries rely on the Lord more heavily. It's something that we will need if we are to continue to see baptisms increase in the Morgan Hill Zone and in the mission.

The only really bad thing that happened this last week was the flu that hit me. It hit me hard. I woke up Thursday morning throwing up. I thought I was ok to go to Hollister to attend the district meeting down there, but realize that that probably wasn't the wisest decision on my part. After taking my temperature and calling Sister Jackson, we concluded that it was the Flu. I slept for the rest of the day and was back on my feet the next day. I am glad it is over. I didn't realize your muscles got sore from throwing up, but they do. Luckily, it only put me out of the count for the day. Exchanges allowed us to make all of our appointments with investigators.

Love,

Elder Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment