Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A New Area... San Jose South !!!

Dear Family,
 
I have been transferred to the San Jose South zone. I am very excited for the work we have coming up soon.  I am with Elder Manning. He is from Kansas.  He entered the mission one transfer after me.  We are very excited to do some very good work. I already know several of the members in this area because of associations through Elder Smoot.  In fact, the former bishop of the Los Alimitos ward baptized Maria Franco.
 
Our zone is quite large and very much on top of missionary work.  I look forward to working with the stake president, President Green. I have been told that I can learn a ton from him.
 
I am excited to be serving in a ward.  This will provide a lot of resources to help us as we work to build the Lord's Kingdom in San Jose.
 
These last few days have been tough for me.  I have really grown to love the people in the Gavilan Branch.  I will miss them a great deal. I worked harder in Gilroy than I had ever worked before.  I feel like I put everything I had into the work.  I hope to be returning for several baptisms soon.  It was also tough to have to leave Elder Smoot.  We really worked well together. He was one of my favorite companions.
 
I hope everything is well as you prepare for school and start your classes.
 
Love,
 
Elder Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment