Monday, September 19, 2011

Exchange City !!!

Dear family,
 
This week has been one of my busiest exchange weeks of my mission.  I don't mind exchanges too much, but I always find it hard to leave my area.  It's a stewardship thing.  Between all of the exchanges we have been super busy.  We are working to teach twenty lessons a week.  We haven't gotten there yet, but have lots of plans to make it happen this upcoming week.
 
The San Jose South activity committee did a super cool harvest fair this last Saturday.  It involved a talent show, booths, contests, and lots of corndogs.  It was a really great opportunity to talk to the members and get to know them a little better.  From what I hear, it was much better than the BYU-Utah game.  I am glad I wasn't in Provo to witness the massacre.
 
At the fair, I ran into Rob Petersen.  I now understand why Dad felt short in high school.  I don't know how we got to the topic, but somehow Rob and I ended up talking about some high school prank involving black powder and a battery. It was nice to run into someone who knows the family. 
 
We have been very pleased with the work we have been doing lately in the ward.  We are still working to increase our teaching pool, but we are begining to put the ward mission process in place.  It is amazing how quickly things are beggining to happen.  All it needed was a little nudge in the right direction. I think our work will take off very soon.
 
Love,
 
Elder Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment