Monday, November 7, 2011

"y angeles habrá, que me conduciran" . . . . . . . . . . . . (and angels there will be, to guide me)

Dear family,
 
I will admit it. This week was harder than I expected.  I returned to Morgan Hill, but for an unexpected reason.
 
Instead of performing a baptism, we were participating in a funeral as pall bearers.  Jesus Leon passed away this last week.  It was very unexpected. It was a challenging experience for all that knew him.
 
Fortunately, his funeral was well attended. The four elders that taught Jesus, myself included, performed a musical number.  His niece gave the eulogy, while Elder Griggs, Brother Arriola, President DeSalmones, and President Merril spoke. Over 100 nonmembers were in attendance.  I am not a huge fan of funerals, but found that this one really helped understand some of the circumstances in Jesus' life.
 
The funeral was Saturday from 3-5, starting with the viewing.  Jesus' body will be shipped back to Mexico so he can be near his parents.  He is survived by his sister Rocio (Gilroy) and his many cousins.  Much of the funeral was centered on teaching the doctrine of the resurrection.  It was what we all needed to hear.  It is nice to know that Jesus will be able to play futbol once again.
 
Please keep his family in your prayers.
 
Love,
 
 
Elder Badger
 
PS. We have been asked to only send two emails. One to the mission president and one to the family. After today, it is best that you write me letters. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment