Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh... it's fun to find all the time... especially from 6 to 9

Dear Family,

I am glad to hear that all is well. I have heard the news. BYU lost to Air Force. Que Paso. I can't believe it. Air Force!!!! GAG

Ok, I'm done.

Life is going well for me here in Livermore. The area continues to improve. We still don't have anyone lined up for baptism, but we are working really hard to find someone. It's been a little while since I have been without someone progressing towards baptism. Planning priorities change a lot when you have someone who is scheduled to be baptized. Hopefully we will find someone soon. Needless to say, the majority of our efforts are scheduled on finding. We end up contacting a lot of English speakers. Last week alone, our English referrals led to three new investigators for the sisters in the English ward. I'm glad that the hard work is yielding some fruit. I'm hoping that we find some prepared Spanish speakers. We found four new investigators last week, which is very good. Unfortunately, none accepted baptismal dates. I know that there are people out there who are ready to be baptized within the month of October. We will find them.

I finally received some mail from my friends. Tell Thaddeus thank you. I will write him soon. And Matt, tell that bum to get on it. I have yet to hear from him. Anyway, it's nice to know that everyone is doing well. I have another e mail out there with some requested addresses. I realize I haven't been as diligent on my letter writing as I should have been.

Yesterday we had stake conference with Elder Golden of the Seventy. Luckily, he didn't tour our apartment. It was a very interesting conference. He talked about some pretty deep scriptural stuff. It would have been deep in a BYU religion class. I liked it. It was a little tough for some of our investigators to follow. I could tell that the translators struggled too. All in all, it was a good conference. We have a mission conference with him on Tuesday. I'm excited. These conference are always good places to receive ideas about how to be better missionaries.

Sincerely,

Elder Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment