Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's almost always sunny in Livermore

Dear Family,

I hear it has been freezing up in Washington. All Latinos think Washington is the North Pole for some reason. I tell them that we don't even get snow that often. As for here, it has been in the upper sixties and beautiful. It would be perfect for riding a bike.

This upcoming week is an exciting week for us. It is a baptism week. It feels like it has been a little while since I have had one of those. Our investigator Valentin is completely ready. He knows it too, which makes it even better. He can't wait to become a member and be able to pass the sacrament. He knows practically everyone in the branch. We have taught everything we know how to teach, right now we are just working on making daily contact with him as he prepares for baptism this Saturday. Keep him in your prayers. I hope to send you pictures from the baptism next week.

As I mentioned last week, we are in a tripanionship. It has been fun, but interesting. Our area doubled overnight. I was just getting used to being on bike. I forget how fast you can get from point A to point B. On bike we found that our work tended to concentrate itself to certain areas depending on how our finding had been going recently. We now cover the entire tri-valley (Dublin, Pleasanton, and Livermore).

I hope dinner with Sister Mills went well. She is lucky to have had rolls. I have eaten burritos three times this week. I am ready for a nice big salad with lots of vegetables. V8 is about the only vegetable I am getting on a regular basis. Luckily, fruit is very popular after meals.

Love,

Elder Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment